Adult Learners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatre and education

2 posters

Go down

Theatre and education Empty Theatre and education

Post  crismiliacca Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:56 am

This discussion is about theatre and its interaction with adult education. We have some great playwriters who described deep and sometimes obscure realities of human mind. Just think about Pirandello, Shakespeare or Pinter. Who is your favourite dramatist? Which play did you enjoy most?
jocolor

crismiliacca

Back to top Go down

Theatre and education Empty best dramas

Post  Admin Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:16 pm

I think that Pirandello is one of my favourites!
Last year i saw one of its dramas, titled "La vita che ti diedi" (Life i gave you). It was about the theme of acceptance of death, which cannot be easy for some people in some circumstances. It was a great work with a great interpretation!

Admin
Admin

https://adultlearnersforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Theatre and education Empty And also...

Post  crismiliacca Fri May 02, 2008 5:19 pm

The past sunday I went to the theatre and had a great experience with an other Pirandello play: "Pensaci Giacomino!" (Think about it, Giacomino!)
This drama too, as almost all Pirandello's plays, developed the theme of the identity and the masks that each person has, communicates, is perceived with... And the fight between the individual and the social system (the society, the culture, the family, the religion...), which imposes unwritten rules to the person, otherwise he/she will not be recognized as part of the group and will be considered as not-integrated, "diverse", mad.
affraid
As to madness, we have to remember that Pirandello was married with a woman who had been hospitalized for schizofrenia for several years (she remain in the hospital for a long part of her life and died there). He had close contact with mental disease, literally obsessed by it and its schemes of thought and behaviour.
Pirandello was a genius and like all geniuses he was not a conformist, at least in his mind.
Rolling Eyes

crismiliacca

Back to top Go down

Theatre and education Empty Re: Theatre and education

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum