Adult Learners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vinho verde

2 posters

Go down

Vinho verde Empty Vinho verde

Post  crismiliacca Fri May 02, 2008 5:30 pm

What a great experience the Vinho Verde. I bought 2 bottles at the Lisbon airport. The first one was the type suggested by our colleague Gracia: Ponte de Lima. Maybe not the same brand, but it was produce by the Consortium Ponte de Lima, in the specific area. I payed for it 7,50 €. The other bottle was suggested by the man at the ariport shop, he indicated it as the best vinho verde there in the shop. The price was 13,50 €. Obviously if a wine costs double of the other it is expected to be a bit better, but it's not a rule. In fact the vinho verde Ponte de Lima was buch better according to my taste. So, if you decide to buy a bottle of vinho verde at the airport of Lisbon I strongly suggest Ponte de Lima (thanks Gracia). This is my taste and you could have a different one, in any case you will not regret a glass of that fresh, perfumed and savoury elixir of the gods.
drunken

crismiliacca

Back to top Go down

Vinho verde Empty Vinho verde

Post  gracag Tue May 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Vinho verde, translated word by word means "green wine"; which means that is a wine not matured. It has nothing to do with the colour: there is red green wine and white green wine (confused????). The fact that it is not very matured means that it is produced quicker, but also it is not possible to store for long - it is easily ruined. The green wine is very typical in the north of Portugal - there is many vinyards, and people have a culture of drinking their own wine, and since green is quicker to produce, they produced it for their own and to sell, of course. Although there are a lot of different brands of green wine, and some better than others, I can recommend Ponte de Lima to white Vinho Verde, and Ponte da Barca to red Vinho Verde - enjoy it! Real chilled! Smile
Graça

gracag

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum