Adult Learners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures of Nature

Go down

Pictures of Nature Empty Pictures of Nature

Post  ernestina Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 pm

In my free time I like to go to the countryside and enjoy the silence,pure air and beauty of these places.I would like to share these picture with other people.

Pictures of Nature P1010011

ernestina

Back to top Go down

Pictures of Nature Empty Slate houses in the North of Guadalajara .Spain."Arquitectura negra"

Post  ernestina Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:33 pm

The main characteristic of this type of Architecture is the use of large pieces of slate on the roofs as well as in the walls of the small houses.The dark colour of the stone gives the name to this area.The sober villages have the same tones as the rocks around them.All in all gives a feeling of simplicity and serenity.
The extremely cold weather obliges people to build wide heavy walls with few and small windows.The concrete for the walls is made of mud and straw.
When we arrive from our comfortable living houses the scenery reminded us the Middle Ages.Here are the pictures I took in winter last year.

Pictures of Nature P1010026

Only few people live here in winter but in summer all the house are inhabited.

Pictures of Nature P1010027

For more information about Castilla La Mancha in general and This area in particular clik here

The topics "turismo" and "Region" are the most important for the subject.

Last edited by ernestina on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

ernestina

Back to top Go down